Friday, 10 May 2013 09:46
We would like to apologize for the delay of this memo, however in light of our current situation with producers; we have not had anything concrete to bring to your attention until this time. We had a very successful finals and would like to thank the contestants, sponsors and all the volunteers for making this possible. We have scheduled our 2013 finals again to be held in Ancaster, ON, Thanksgiving weekend October 11, 12 & 13.
As far as sanctioned rodeos, this is where we stand:
- A-K has decided that they do not wish to 1st sanction or 2nd sanction with the ORA for 2013.
- Rawhide Rodeo has submitted an approval for Lindsay Rodeo, and was accepted as an ORA 2nd sanctioned rodeo. Entries for Lindsay are on Monday May 13, 2013. You do not need to have your membership to enter the rodeo, however in order to compete you can send your membership to the ORA office or pay for your membership at rodeo entry office. There will be 6 more to follow as a 2nd sanction.
As board members and rodeo contestants, we understand how difficult it has been not knowing the future of the ORA, and whether or not there will be rodeos to attend. We as a board can only sanction rodeos as they are brought to our attention, and hope that we are making the right decisions on behalf of the membership. We certainly appreciate your patience and welcome any further input.
Thank you & Happy Trails
Teri Lee Dunk
Optional Event Director