- Holstein Rodeo presented by Robert’s Farm Equipment
- Jul 13, 2012 - Jul 15, 2012
- Holstein Rodeo Ranch - Holstein
Celebrating 11 Years at Al and Karyn Foster's A bar K Rodeo Ranch, the Holstein Rodeo hosted by the Egremont Optimist Club and presented by Robert's Farm Equipment and Coors Light is one of the biggest and best rodeo's in Ontario and Eastern Canadian History. The Holstein Rodeo exceeds over 27,000 Admissions over 4 days, and is one of 4 events listed in the Festival and Events Ontario Top 100 Ontario Festivals…but remains the only "Stand Alone Rodeo". Three times (2008, 2010-2011) Holstein Rodeo has been named Ontario Rodeo Association Rodeo of the Year, and 2012 brings another star-studded line-up of entertainment and rodeo competition worthy of even more premiere event accolades.
Concerts on the Country 93 Stage:
- Thursday Night - Wendell Ferguson, The Good Brothers
- Friday Night - Marshall Dane, George Canyon
- Saturday Night - Megan Morrison, Dean Brody
Rodeo performances take place Friday Night, Saturday Afternoon and Sunday Afternoon featuring some of the biggest names in Ontario Rodeo Association Champions and a multitude of International Professional Rodeo Association contenders, and an abundance of local flair with competitors from all across Grey County, all as part of the 2012 New Holland Pro-Rodeo Series.
Event: Holstein Rodeo presented by Robert’s Farm Equipment
Producer: A bar K Rodeo Productions
Location: A bar K Rodeo Ranch Holstein Ont.
Date and Times: Friday July 13th @ 7 pm Saturday July 14th @ 2 p.m Sunday July 15th @ 2 p.m..
Sanction: ORA-First (This Rulebook is what is enforced) /IPRA-Second (2012 Cardholders are eligible to enter, points count towards IFR)
Slack Times: Saturday Morning 9 am & Sunday Morning 9 a.m
Entry Phone Number 519-334-4017 (this rodeo only)
Phone Entry Date & Times Monday July 2nd 6 p.m-.10 p.m.
Entry Email Address: Entries will be accepted anytime by email until the corresponding Monday until 9:00pm.
Email Entry Times: Anytime prior to Monday before 9pm EST
Callback Date & Times: Wednesday July 4th @ 6 p.m.- 9 p.m.
Added Money: $2,000.00 in BB, SB, BR, SW, TR, TD, BAR; $1,000 in BA; $350 in JRBAR and JRSR ($15,700 Total Added Money)
Entry Fees: $100 in Standard Events, $100 in Breakaway, $35 in Junior
Secretary: Lorie Luxton
Act: Rusty McCray
Pick up: Al Foster, Earl Foster, Ray Smith
Timers: Laurie Donaldson, Evelyn Held
Announcer: Joe Scully
Arena Director: Brent McMullen
Judges: Robin Welch, Dean Stockdale,Claire Hester
- Two head in the rough stock events. Saddle Bronc, Bareback and Bull Riding.
- This rodeo will be co-sanctioned between the ORA and IPRA and the rodeo will follow the ORA rulebook.
- Closed gate with option of open gate for Calf Roping and Breakaway Roping, if conditions permit.
- All individual and personal sponsors visible by spectators must be pre-approved by the arena director in writing two weeks prior to the event or they may be disqualified.
- The added money for each event is a minimum, and can be increased up until the entry date as per the IPRA rules.
- There will be a $10.00 fee charged to each competitor by A bar K Rodeo to cover stock fees, extra arena work and entry office
- Any contestant found guilty of dumping (manure, garbage or otherwise) on the rodeo grounds can and will be fined $250.00 which will resort back to the rodeo committee for clean-up expenses or loss of deposit.
- Special prices available for contestants and one guest for the concerts. Meals not included this year. Reserve your steak dinner in advance at www.holsteinrodeo.com
- Team Penning, beer gardens and concerts begin Thursday July 12th @ 6:30. Visit holsteinrodeo.com for more information!
As this event is co-sanctioned with the Ontario Rodeo Association and governed by the ORA rules, the Ontario Rodeo Association Board of Directors recommends that all competitors, regardless of card status familiarize themselves with the ORA Rule Book, available here.
As with any "lead sanction" an ORA Cardholder is represented by the ORA Board of Directors and their Representatives, with contact information readily available at www.ORArodeo.com
Any IPRA Cardholder that has a question or matter they would like addressed regarding an ORA-Sanctioned Rodeo may either contact the ORA directly, or request an IPRA Board Member to represent them during this process. IPRA Cardholders are additionally bound to the IPRA Rulebook in areas outside of ORA Competition Rules, ie. IPRA Membership Conduct, and are welcome at any time to approach their IPRA Representative to discuss their involvement as an IPRA Member. The IPRA Rulebook is available here.
Hwy 6 north to Mount Forest East on Hwy 89 to Southgate 49 north to 5th side road 14th to the entrance beside farm driveway for parking and camping for contestants only
EventList powered by schlu.net